Pages

Friday 6 January 2012

Free Templates For Creative Hive

I just can't leave them alone. I love to play with graphics, CSS and HTML; I'm like a kid in a toyshop when it comes to this stuff so it's hardly surprising that when the opportunity to demonstrate my skills by making more templates came along, I jumped at it.


Alex Fenton has been adding my images to the Creative Hive servers so I've updated the templates I had here already and have written the new ones with the URLs of where the images will be when he's added the latest batch. I'm going to make a couple of seasonal ones, then I'll stop. I think...


[one_third]Screenshot of Creative Hive template Croc
Croc template[/one_third][one_third]Screenshot of Creative Hive template Pinstripe
Pinstripe template[/one_third][one_third_last]Screenshot of Creative Hive template Teknik
Teknik template[/one_third_last]


These new templates have rounded corners, text-shadows and drop shadow effects. Basically, I'm showing off my knowledge of CSS3 image and text display techniques. I've dug into the CSS of the site itself in order to get rid of unwanted borders and change the hr and the info box colours and, after taking Alex's advice on placement of the @import for the Google fonts, I've added effects to them, too. If you're a Creative Hive member, try them out. If not, ask me about making a bespoke one for your website. They're free for you to use, simply right-click and choose "save as" to save the text files. Remember, they're designed for use on Creative Hive so you'll have to tweak them if you want to use them for other purposes. All I ask is that you credit me as the designer and link to this website if you do decide to use them.

No comments:

Post a Comment